Hi guys. It’s only a week until Father’s Day so I wanted to show you something you can make for him. I learned this technic from a book (Show Off, by Stephens & Mann) and I thought it is a really cool way to make a card, so I decided to make one for my dad. Now that I think about it, I think it would work better for a boy’s birthday card instead of a Father’s Day card, but still, you can use the technic to make a totally different look.
Need: Colored pencils (or markers), some white paper, a glue stick, a pair of scissors and three sheets of colored paper.
1. Fold two pieces of colored paper in half.
2. Cut some slits onto one of the pieces of paper.
4. This step is kind of hard to explain, fold the paper in and cut some smaller slits into the paper.
5. Now open it and push the steps out.
6. Now add glue to the back of the paper but be careful not to add glue to the steps.
7. Attach the glued side of the paper to the paper that you folded in half.
8. Trim the excess paper if you need to.
9. Now use your colored pencils (or pens) to draw stuff to add to your card.
10. Cut the drawings out and add glue to the back of them.
11. Add the paper to your card.
12. You can also draw little details directly onto your card.
13. Now take your other piece of colored paper and cut out a rectangle or a square big enough to fit the bottom of your card.
14. Now glue it onto your card.
15. Now you can write a message.
This is how mine turned out.
I’m really proud of how this turned out. It took me a while to make some of the drawings. I’m thinking of making a fairy themed one for my little sister’s birthday. There are many ways you can make this from Godzilla attacking Tokyo to fairies in a forest garden. I hope you’ll enjoy this project, until next time.
Start a compost bin. There are a lot of different ways to do it. Check some out here!