Hello fello DIYrs! Have you ever heard of bead weaving? I don’t know what it’s officially called (I don’t really use the dictionary since it burns off my flesh.)(Ahhh! It burns!!!), but it’s like a combination of sewing, weaving and beading. I’ve been trying it out for a while and I’ve found some cool techniques to show you (they’re mainly flowers). Since bead weaving is kind of hard to explain with all of the thread and beads everywhere, I did this whole tutorial on a big pice of paper and used a marker to show you what direction your supposed to go. The quality might be a little weird because I did it on white paper (It’s HARD to keep it clean from rouge glitter!) but I hope you enjoy it all the same.
Need: Five Teardrop Beads (These are the types I used but you can experiment with other types of beads but you might need a bigger or smaller number.), two jump rings, a pair of pliers, some thread (I didn’t have any beading thread so I used regular sewing thread instead) a small pair of sharp scissors and a beading needle.
Ok a beading needle is like a sewing needle and you can make do with one, but the difference is were the hole is, it’s about the same size of the needle. The reason is that the whole needle has to go through the beads, and some of them are tinny.
1. Thread the needle.
2. String your beads on.
3. “Sew” your needle through the bead at the end of the strand.
4. Now “sew” through the other beads.
5. Now tighten it really good, you don’t want a sloppy wavy flower.
6. Tie it in a knot, then tie one of your jump rings on.
7. Then take your scissors and cut off all of the remaining string from the flower but be careful not to cut the knot off!
8. And finally, use your pliers to open your second jump ring and attach it to your flower. Then, depending on what your using the charm for, close it with your pliers.
Now you know how to make cute little flower charms! You can make a second one then add on a pair of earring hooks.
If you liked this DIY please let me know because I LOVE it when you give me feedback. And if you would like to see something, like how to make a chocolate cake or how to make press plants then let me know. I can’t wait to hear from you!!! :^]
When your cloths get too torn up to donate, cut them up into small pieces and use them as stuffing instead of buying it at a store.