So when it was time to harvest our gardens crops, I noticed just how many pumpkins and gourds we grew (gourds are miniature pumpkins)! I mean, we filled a huge basket full of them and put it outside for decor, and there were so many still left in the shed! It would be a shame to just let them rot! There were so many ideas I wanted to try, this was the first one I did.
Need: Small pumpkins (or gourds), a knife, a small candle that you’ll like to use, a pen, a spoon and the kitchen sink (har har, you know, the joke, everything but the kitchen sink?)!
1. Wash your gourds and dry them off.
2. Place the candle over the top of your gourd and trace around it with your marker.
3. (This is the part when my mom
insists on orders me to let her do it so I don’t accidentally cut myself. CAREFULLY carve out your gourd.
4. Here, you’ll hollow out your gourd with your spoon
5. Now see if your candle will fit. If not, use your spoon to slowly carve off more of the gourd and see if it fits. But be careful! You don’t want it to fall into the gourd itself!
Ok, I forgot to make an after photo, I’ll make some more and take a photo when the candles are lit and post. Now when you’re satisfied with your gourd, turn the lights off, light the candle, turn an audio book, sit down and watch the candle flicker into the evening as you enjoy your story and slowly drift into, ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…
Ok, I know my “green tips” are mainly about how to help the environment but I think this can make you change how you use the internet (and hand over your socks!!!).