Hello everyone! I know this is SUPER last minute but you know what they say, better late then never!
Now originally I wanted to make a What Dose the Fox Say Opagugunstyle smashup, but we didn’t have any fabric stores around and if we bought our fabric online, it would come to late. Then I thought of making a Wildstyle costume but I didn’t like the sweatsuit we were going to use. So in the end, I decided to make a modern sorceress costume.
1. So my costume is loosely inspired by Harry Potter so I didn’t add a cape or anything else obvious. Instead, I took a fun patterned shirt, simple jeans and a black jacket since it’s cold.
2. So next you’ll have to gather all of the jewelry that would go good with this costume. Stuff like chains, mystical-y pieces lockets, mismatched earrings, rings, that sort of stuff.
3. Next you’ll try out your hairstyle. You can do it differently but I was going for the kind of crazy sorceress from Harry Potter.
So I put my hair up in a really loose, slightly on one side high pony tail. If your going for this then you’ll really want it to look messy and slightly crazy. You can even put ribbons and hair clips if you wanted to. (P.S. My parents have strict rules when it comes to putting photos of me online, so I couldn’t do a good photo to show you my hair. Sorry!)
5. Next you’ll want to see how it looks together. Experiment with your jewelry and mess around with your hair even more.
6. For make-up I didn’t use anything. You can if you want to but I wasn’t in the mood for it.
7. Ok you can simply use weird hand motions and utter gibberish or you can make a wand and utter gibberish. I didn’t have enough time to make one so I borrowed my brother’s instead.
8. Now to add to the whole sorceress look, I simply took a magical-y book I had on hand (It happened to be the Monster Manual from D&D).
9. And viola! Your done! Now you can go trick-or-treating or go to a fun party!
I hope you’ve enjoyed todays post and I hope you’ll enjoy this Halloween! You can easily change this up to a more “everyday” wear like I would (parents may not agree). Tell me what you’ll be dressing up for Halloween and maybe you can suggest a how-to as well. Oh, and until then you can watch this video about the history of Halloween.
I don’t have enough time to take a photo so I’ll update that as soon as possible!
When your out trick-or-treating, be sure to not throw your wrappers on the ground!