Many people collect things. Such as snow globs, post cards rocks etc. Since I have quite the rock collection, I really wanted to come up with a fun DIY that uses them. After experimenting with some wire, I came up with these.
Need: A small to medium sized rock, some wire, wire cutters, and a pair of pliers.
1. Take some wire and wrap it around a round object about the same size of your finger a couple of times (I did it five times).
2. Use your wire cutters to cut the wire.
3. Now take the ends of the wire and wrap it around the loop, ring, thingy.
4. cut a long strip of wire (I don’t really use a ruler so I just guessed) and wrap it around your new ring (do it tightly. the closer the strands are, the better).
5. Take the excess wire and wrap it around your chosen rock (use your pliers if it helps).
I think it looks really professional and I gave a few to my siblings and friends (even my brother wanted one). Now before you start I advise you find the rocks you’d like to use BEFORE you start not the other way (you might end up waiting forever until you find the perfect rock). You can also tumble a few like I did but I have to warn you, it’ll make it harder to wrap the wire around the rock.
If there’s anything you’d like to see over here just let me know in the comment section. For now, I’m going to use my ring of power to conquer middle earth (Bwahaha!).
Always recycle (if possible).